Thursday, September 10, 2009

Just a Thought....(5)

Why do some people choose to turn their backs on love because their emotions "freak them out"?  Is that even a valid reason?  Is loneliness the better alternative to letting oneself "go"?  


I, for one, am a big believer in the infamous four-letter-word.  And yes, I still believe that it makes the world go 'round.  I also believe that anyone who turns his or her back on love is a complete fool, and loneliness isn't the punishment deserved; it's not strong enough...at least, that's what I think.


So many people go through life without falling in love, and I truly feel sorry for them...they didn't meet the right person...maybe...and in that case, they're not to blame.  There are, however, those who willingly choose to look the other way when hit by Cupid's arrow.  According to what I've read about Greek and Roman mythology, there was no escape once Cupid (or Eros, as he's known to the Greeks) decided to poke someone's behind with one of his arrows...they'd fall in love no matter what.  Nowadays, however, according to personal experience as well as that of the people around me, there are so many people (according to what I've seen, men) who, once the realize that they do care about another person and that they might be willing to sacrifice their bachelor life for a settled one, they shun away and turn into cowardly dogs.  It looks like we need more than a handful of young boys with wings to break those dogs.


The question is: why?  I do understand that living as a bachelor, going through girls like a kid goes through a box of candy is fun, but it is short-lived; they're not going to be young forever, and eventually they will need to share their lives with someone.  The popular response "I'm still young"; fair enough, but what if this was "the One" and you chose to run away from your feelings for her instead of being a man and speaking up?  All I know is that those who get to experience love are very lucky and truly blessed...as for those who willingly turn their backs on love, they're better off dead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment